Beetroot Celebrates 10 Years of Impact
September 16, 2022 — Stockholm, Sweden — Beetroot, an impact-driven tech ecosystem operating in Tech and Education, is celebrating its 10th anniversary today. The group of companies has achieved a…
September 16, 2022 — Stockholm, Sweden — Beetroot, an impact-driven tech ecosystem operating in Tech and Education, is celebrating its 10th anniversary today. The group of companies has achieved a notable impact in Ukraine, infusing nearly $50 million into the country’s economy in 2021. The founders expressed strong determination to now grow sustainably in Bulgaria and Poland where the ecosystem established presence earlier this year.
“Beetroot has evolved from a couple of Swedes’ backpack startup to an international tech ecosystem,” commented Andreas Flodström, Co-Founder and CEO of Beetroot. “But the positive impact remains a red thread for us ever since.”
Founded in 2012 by the Swedish students Andreas Flodström and Gustav Henman, Beetroot is a social enterprise encompassing 600+ people across Sweden, Bulgaria, Ukraine, and Poland.
Beetroot’s sustainability efforts are aligned with 8 out of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by global leaders in 2015. The ecosystem enables tech startups, purpose-driven companies, individuals, and organizations to engage in and expand this reach through the following channels:
- Building sustainable tech teams in small and midsize cities to develop local economies
- Teaching and mentoring at Beetroot Academy to empower people’s growth in the digital economy
- Joining the Beetroot team to develop disruptive projects in healthcare, green energy, and education
- Partnering with Beetroot, where 60% of team coordinators are women, to bring more women into male-dominated tech industries
- Cooperating with Beetroot, a CO2-neutral tech company, to promote climate awareness
- Studying at Beetroot Academy to enable personal development
- Donating to Beetroot’s ‘Aid for Ukraine’ fund to support people affected by war
More details about the impact-gen opportunities with Beetroot are available here [10th Anniversary Landing link].
Beetroot is a tech ecosystem with its roots in Sweden, helping clients solve their software and staffing needs by managing each and every step in tech competency — from education to sustainable development services.
Beetroot was founded in 2012 and today engages around 600 people across its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and Europe.
Read more about Beetroot here.